Florence Piazalle Michelangelo Pisa
Piazzale Michelangelo, along with the Forte Belvedere, the Basilica of San Miniato al Monte and the hill of Fiesole, is a privileged vantage point in Florence. The Piazzale designed in 1860 by architect Giuseppe Poggi, is located on a hill south of the Arno and the historic center of Florence. The square was built in 1865, at a time when Florence was the capital of Italy. The square is dedicated to Michelangelo Buonarroti presenting the bronze copies of some of his famous works in marble preserved in Florence: the David and the four allegories of the Medici Chapels of San Lorenzo. In the project of Poggi was also the realization, in the Piazzale, of a museum with Michelangelo's works, at the scope was built the Loggia in neoclassic style that dominates the whole terrace, but the museum was never realized, the Loggia today accommodates a panoramic restaurant.